Many people can get confused while trying to determine their correct shoe size. The size of the shoe may vary from styles and manufacturers, and it is beneficial to try on several pairs so you can choose the right size. Two important features to look for are the width and flex point. This is defined as the shoe flexing at the widest part, which can help to ensure a comfortable fit. Additionally, the type of materials the shoes are made of can significantly contribute to how it fits your foot. Existing foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis and bunions need to be taken into consideration when looking for the right size shoe. Larger shoes or shoes that have additional cushioning in the heel area may need to be considered to accommodate these specific issues. Also, it is important to purchase shoes at the end of the day when the feet are at their largest. Please consult with a podiatrist if you have questions about how to determine what your right shoe size is.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of our podiatrists from the Foot & Ankle Center. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Marrero, LA . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.
Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy